The Best Time Zone



I did some recent reading that brought my attention to the three basic time zones.  Nope,  it's not eastern, central, and mountain.  We all share these three time zones: past, present, and future.  We are enormously influenced by each perspective, but we only control one: the present. 

You have probably heard that old expression, "be present".  It's a reminder to engage where you are, focus attention, and don't let the opportunity in front of you slip away.  Compare that with "be past" - thinking about mistakes, what could have been, or what could have gone differently.  Or consider "be future" - what I will be able to do when...., I intend to ..... , when I have this relationship I will .... .

Note the difference in the three time zones.  Its importnat to spend time in each of them, but make sure you are heavily invested in the present.  Today is what counts.  Now is when you really can make a difference.  This is the moment you control.  Here are a few questions you may want to consider to improve your presence in the present:
  • What is my best opportunity of the current sixty minute block of time? 
  • What can I do to have the greatest impact on the person or people in front of me right now?
  • Am I investing my available energy in the current project in front of me?
  • Is this where I truly need to be a right now?
  • What do I need to do to perform with passion and excellence in this moment? 
Bringing your best to each activity generates success.  Success builds positive momentum.  Positive momentum leads to consistent achievements, and those achievements create the lifestyle of excellence.  Hope your engaged in it .... right now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment