Chris or Roberto?



Chris or Roberto? Coke or Pepsi? Mac or PC? - these are tough comparisons!

Today, for me,  ended like many of my days in real estate.  I accomplished lots off things, but too many items were left unchecked on my list.  Every day, there are tough choices to make about how to spend  time.  As Realtors, we face some tough calendar choices.  For example, you may need to invest time with a current client issue, but the pipeline is thin and what's needed is 90 minutes of phone contacts.  Of even greater consequence are the choices between the business calendar and appointments we make with our families.  There are times when we have to make a choice between the two. 

So how do we make those tough decisions?  Here are a few checkpoints to help you step out of the moment and into the best choices:

1. Determine the difference between temporary emergencies and long term priorties.
2. In regards to business choices, what activities have the highest dollar return for you?
3. What can be delegated?  What steps do I need to take to have a delegations system and appropriate manpower to execute it?
4. What is the current status of my family emotional bank account?  Do I need to make a deposit or have I docked sufficient time to merit a withdrawal?
5. If I could review this decision with the perspective of 6 months' distance, what would I choose?
6.  Which choice is proactive rather than reactive?
7.  Which choice supports my highest values?
8.  Am I making an angry sacrifice or a providing a willful act of service?

The tough choices only increase as our client activity grows, but take a few moments each day with your calendar and apply your answers to position yourself for success.

No comments:

Post a Comment